The entries will be open until March 31st
This is what you need to know.
- Follow the link to the entry form.
- Complete the Registration Form and pay (this includes entry to the event, tracking, your donation and FREE “Tarmac Only” membership.
- We will send out a welcome pack to you, confirming your participation in this fundraising event.
- On payment you will be able to download the Instructions for the Digital Roadbook app and the download link.
- Follow the instructions and install the app on the device you intend to se as your digital roadbook.
Next plan your ride.
The complete challenge is 425km in length and the route starts at Ruthin – Machynlleth – Abergavenny.
Roadbook 1 is Ruthin to Machynlleth
Roadbook 2 is Machynlleth to Abergavenny
Both roadbooks must be completed in their entirety once you have started the route.
You can ride the route as one challenge from start to finish – approx 12 hours
Or you can split the route into a 2 day ride, you can even do the first section and come back at a later date and do the second section.
Starting your ride
- Use the “Register for Event” form within the app to notify us when you intend to ride the challenge. Do this for both sections if you are splitting the route. The Support Team can locate you on tracking and confirm you have completed the route correctly.
- Load the roadbook before going to the start – just to make sure you have full access to the roadbook.
- Turn “ON” tracking a couple of minutes before setting off.
- You need to navigate accurately and hit all the waypoint confirmation markers along the entire route to achieve a “Mission Accomplished” acknowledgement and for the Team to complete your donation to the Air Ambulance.
- Enjoy the challenge – it is an epic ride.
We will check your GPS track and confirm you have hit all the waypoints on the route. We will then send your donation to Air Ambulance Wales. You will receive a “Mission Accomplished” certificate and gift for completing the Cannonball Rally Challenge – Wales, successfully.
Remember our target is to help raise £6000 for Air Ambulance Wales
Digital App info: https://rallymoto.co.uk/digital-app-specification/
From previous challenges a tablet seems to be preferred but a large screen smartphone is OK.
How to get Started with Roadbook Navigation – FREE Manual