12/06/2018 at 8:56 am #73789
I bought James Fords EXC 6 Days based 2016 450 rally bike about 1 1/2 years ago now with the intention of building up to an African road book rally. Sadly with pressure of work that’s not happening. Truth is I have barely ridden the bike in the last 12 months or so.
So I may as well sell it and and scratch this itch when I’ve got more time on my hands. I suspect I’ll be needing to fit a zimmer frame to a bike somehow, mind.
It has all you need for rallying. It is currently set up for Green Laning / UK Rallies.
– 2016 model 450 EXC 6 Days.
– Moto Rally Services nav tower and fairing.
– High power LED lights.
– Handlebar controls for above.
– powered Garmin mount.
– Optional barely used ICO/cap £350 with handlebar controls.
– Optional barely used ICO £300 with handlebar controls.
– Oversize front caliper and disk.
– Suspension set-up for desert racing 16 stone rider.
– Option to swap to Twin Chamber forks with Ohlins inserts £400. These are well nice, even just laning you can feel their plushness.
– Standard seat or low seat and option for Seat Concepts tall seat (£100).
– Full FMF exhaust (front and rear sections) plus standard.
– Bash plate with tank, plus standard bash plate (currently fitted).
– Large Acerbis tank (fitted) along with standard tank and rear tank.
– Enduro Engineering handguards.
– Low mudguard + standard (fitted).
– Option for strong Talon wheels and hubs with part worn Michelin Deserts and mousses (£600).
– Axle pulls.
– Rear disk protector (shark fin).
– Rear brake snake.
– Plastic frame protectors.
– Box of assorted spares.
– Standard plastics.
I have managed to ride it in a couple of the UK rallies and the TOP 2017 – it was perfect. At my speed (about 1/3 the way down the field) the suspension was really plush – Fine with the standard forks, super plush with the Dual Chamber Ohlins (16 stone) – if someone wants these then may sell separately.
The standard of all the work on the bike is a testament to James skill as a motor mechanic.
I am asking £6,000 (excluding items with a price against them above).
email me mike at rtsw.co.uk if interested.
I am based in Berkshire, UK.13/06/2018 at 9:00 am #73798
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.