KIELDER ADVENTURE RALLY CAMP 2022
GET BACK TO BASICS AND LEARN TO ROADBOOK IN A WILDERNESS ENVIRONMENT IN THE HEART OF KIELDER FOREST
11/12 JUNE 2022
16/ 17 JULY 2022
Area: Kielder and surrounding forests
Venue: Stonehaugh Campsite, Northumberland National Park
Duration: 2 full days
Places: 30 riders maximum per weekend
Price: £299.00 per rider – including accommodation
Learn the basics of Roadbook navigation whilst riding your adventure bike on the terrain it’s made for!
We are able to ride a combination of five forests and over 400km of gravel and hard packed tracks in a unique area of the UK.
We will create our very own ‘bivouac’ at Stonehaugh campsite, a stone’s throw away from the forest tracks where we’ll be riding. It is an idyllic and peaceful location where you can clear your mind and focus on the task at hand – learning roadbook navigation!
Using a combination of ‘classroom’ style lessons and practical learning, we will take you through the very basics and answer any questions you have on reading a roadbook.
We will also offer guidance on techniques for riding off road, how to prep your bike and what to expect in varying terrain and riding conditions.
Each day you will be covering between 150km – 250km, with 80% off road surfaces, mainly hard based gravel tracks, so an off road orientated tyre is recommended.
This is an Adventure Rally experience like you have never experienced before and you will need to be self sufficient whilst on the trails and ready for maintaining your bike and anything the weather throws at you, as we will ride whatever the weather.
3 – 2 – 1 – Gooo!
The weekend covers:
- How a rally works
- Bike and rider prep
- ‘Getting comfortable riding dirt’ training session
- Classroom roadbook training sessions
- Specially prepared ‘introduction to roadbook’ practice route
- 4 hours roadbook route on day 2.
- Full GPS tracking
- Analysis of rider’s tracking and advice on how to improve
- Results at the end of day 2
What it’s like to learn roadbook in Kielder Forest!
What the riders say…
- A fantastic adventure riding & rally experience
- 100% fun and a relaxed atmosphere
- Classroom style lessons with tea and coffee
- Camping accommodation plus evening meals
- Riding and bike preparation advice
- “Getting Comfortable Riding Dirt” training session
- Introduction to Roadbook session and practice
- All roadbooks (to be handed back in but you may keep a short section)
- RallyMoto “Ball Mount” roadbook holder
- Practise roadbook routes
- GPS safety tracking
- Personal Tracking Analysis
- Access to new forestry areas and 400km of tracks
- Support vehicle and recovery back to venue
What you need to bring:
- Your own bike – with appropriate tyres fitted and a GPS power lead.
- Riding gear with protection
- Good strong boots
- You will need to provide your own trip / odometer / or Smart Phone Trip App and mounting to the bike
- Some food for breakfast and snacks for out on the trail
Stonehaugh campsite is a quiet and relaxed rural site situated within the stunning Northumberland National Park between Kielder Water & Forest Park and Hexham.
The campsite was recently featured in the national press as “one of 15 stunningly located sites” to be found within the UK National Parks.
Become a member today
Join our Youtube channel
RallyMoto is pleased to have the support of these great partners for 2022.
Join Rallymoto Today
Find out more about what our membership has to offer!