In January and February RallyMoto will run a new roadbook training course. This will cover everything to do with roadbook navigation right up to using a roadbook in competition and how to gain an advantage. It will be a classroom based day with training materials and example roadbooks to work on from past Tour of Portugal and Pikes Peaks events.
Each classroom training day will be followed by a Roadbook Caper and we will work with the roadbooks for the Caper – you then have the option to ride.
The day will cover:-
- Roadbook anatomy
- How to read tulip diagrams
- The equipment needed to get going
- Loading the roadbook
- Reading the roadbook
- Commonly used symbols
- What happens if you get lost
Through to more advanced techniques such as:-
- Marking up the roadbook
- How to gain a competitive advantage
- What is CAP?
- Speed Zones – how they work
- What you need when out on the course
- What happens at a roadbook event / competition