Dirty Dozen: Romanian Wilderness Adventure
Duration: 4 days riding
Date: 22 – 25 June 2018
Bike: Your own bike with off road capability
Riding Level: Intermediate
Airport: Suceava (Northern Romania)
Register your interest and get specific updates about the Dirty Dozen Romanian Wilderness Adventure:(form 'form-52' not found)
The Dirty Dozen ride again in a truely remote adventure in the wilderness of Romania.
Our base is in the beautiful scenic mountain valley of Campulung Moldovenesc. To the north is the Ukrainian border and to the south the Carpathian Mountains – this is the region we are going to explore.
Your bike will have to ready for some off road action on mountain tracks and passes, river crossings and old log bridges – even some of the roads out in the wilds are what we would consider off road !! You will see the true Romanian outback on this adventure along with beautiful lakes, traditional “gingerbread houses”, shepherds, monasteries and horse and carts being used for everyday transport and much more.
This 4 day tour takes in everything you could dream of for a true adventure biking experience.
We will stay in a four star hotel based in the village of Sadova from their we ride straight into the mountains. This is 4 days of non stop adventure.
Tracks and routes we ride are made for adventure bikes, leading us into the mountains with hundreds of kilometers of dirt roads to explore.
- 5 nights Bed and Breakfast in a four star hotel
- Hotel transfer
- Evening meal
- Bike transport from our UK depot in Welwyn Garden City
- Two tour guides as a minimum, with the lead guide being a local fluent in Romanian and English)
- Support vehicle with tools, equipment, luggage, fuel, first aid and bike trailer.
What’s not included:-
- Lunch on the trail
- Beer money
An adventure on your bike
We believe the best experiences are on your own bike, you have bought the bike, kitted it out with the accessories you need – it is personalised to you. This is the bike we think you should use on your adventure.
So included with all our Dirty Dozen Adventures we include transporting your bike, it will be waiting for you at the hotel when you arrive and ready to roll.
Safety is uppermost in our minds and we have run numerous rally events with GPS tracking, so we are using our expertise to track riders on our adventures as well. Each rider will be safety tracked and monitored for the duration of the adventure.
- Thursday: Fly into Suceava Airport and transfer to hotel.
- Friday: Ride north to see the Ukrainian border on green trails and mountain passes with a few river crossings and old log bridges.
- Saturday: A more southerly route on gravel tracks and into the Carpathian mountain range.
- Sunday: Exploring the glacial valley and Rarau mountain range around Campulung Moldovenesc, visiting the “The Lady Stones” a famous landmark (1650m) and riding the “Drift Road”.
- Monday: A double north to south loop – ending at the picturesque Lezerul Sadovei Lake for a BBQ before the party.
- Tuesday: Transfer to airport and fly home.
To reserve your place: £250 ( Booking fee: £100 non refundable – Refundable deposit of £150)
Final Payment: £649
Total Price: £899
Late booking price £999 (With less than 6 weeks to go)